The Reason For This Blog

I have been scouring the internet for what people are calling 'hacks', bassically modifications, for my notebook so i could turn it into a functional and organized paper version of a pocket pc type thingy. i have for the past one and a half years been using small notebooks, bits of paper and parts of my mobile phone to accomodate my many needs so this year i decided to try and fit it all into one thing, a moleskine notebook. only one problem. none of the hacks i found were exactly what i needed, so i decided that i would take the best ideas and put them to the test and see what i came up with for the final version. the outcome of this is what the blog follows, The Evolution Of My Moleskine.

Friday 2 May 2008

So Has It Worked Or Not

Okay then, Has my hacked moleskine been doing its job? 
Well yes it has. I have a record of where to be and when, It goes pretty much everywhere with me, And it still looks cool as. 
But, Ah a but, I noticed a couple of days a go that the problem I had with the front of the book where the cover came away from the pages is happening on the back as well. What have i done about it? Ill tell you shall I? 
Simple really I got some sticky tape and strengthened the joint between the last ruled page and the card piece that is the last page, It looks like it will hold up well but we shall see.
Along with this slight deterioration I also split the bottom of the pocket in the back so I have resorted to not putting a couple of credit cards in it which is what I think caused the split, I still use it to carry a spare paper moneys for emergency's and any notes passed on to me during the day, I fixed the split with a groovy red strip of electrical tape that look the business.
I do have a sense of foreboding that this little book will not last the 12 months I have designated for it, I am thinking that i may just use the book as a planner and a place too put all my important thoughts and ideas and go back to using cahiers for day to day note taking, By doing this my hacked moleskine would survive longer as it would be in my bag safe and sound not in my pocket or in my hand getting battered about. I have previously used cahiers for this exact use and they have held up very well for the month to a month and a half i have had them in service for.

i shall keep you informed of progress in another months time, for know bye bye.

No comments: