The Reason For This Blog

I have been scouring the internet for what people are calling 'hacks', bassically modifications, for my notebook so i could turn it into a functional and organized paper version of a pocket pc type thingy. i have for the past one and a half years been using small notebooks, bits of paper and parts of my mobile phone to accomodate my many needs so this year i decided to try and fit it all into one thing, a moleskine notebook. only one problem. none of the hacks i found were exactly what i needed, so i decided that i would take the best ideas and put them to the test and see what i came up with for the final version. the outcome of this is what the blog follows, The Evolution Of My Moleskine.

Sunday 18 May 2008

books fine, but what pen?

The evolved or 'hacked' moleskine works as it should, The problem is the pen! I have always loved the cross atx that I use (i ma on my second in 3 years) but it has a drawback that eventually is bugging me too much, The Lid! I really really need a retractable rollerball.
Oh lo and behold the Mighty Pilot G2! a pen which I have used on the odd occasion along with many other gel ink pens when I have borrowed one when my atx went dry on me. I have even taken to using the cross rolling ball refill in the G2, it fits like a glove, nothing against the G2's own ink but why buy a pilot refill if I already have some cross refills hanging about waiting to be used, once I get through the cross refills ill be ordering a pile of pilot G2 refils and a new G2 to go with them. I am considering getting the 'purple' or 'hunter green' pen and using black ink in it just so I can tell it apart from everyone else's at work. if your gonna get a G2 or any other pen for that matter i suggest checking out
 http://www.cultpens.com/
they stock a massive range of reasonably priced products. its where ill be buying mine from 
all i need to do now is find a cheap supply of moleskine cahiers and i will be happier than a very happy man,

1 comment:

Rodrigo said...

i'm use the Pilot V5, maybe its a good choice for writting in moleskine.

from Chile